As with all countries, Bosnia and Herzegovina have slightly different rules when driving. Have a look at the checklist below to help you make sure you have a safe and enjoyable time using your car rental.
- Winter brings extreme conditions, making driving hazardous due to fog, rain, snow and ice, so make sure to drive carefully.
- Throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina all vehicles must travel on the right hand side.
- Dipped headlights should be on at all times both day and night.
- The normal speed limits in Bosnia and Herzegovina are 30mph (50km/h) in built up areas, 50mph (80km/h) outside built up areas, 60mph (100km/h) on motorways and 80mph (130km/h) on highways. Speed signposts are in kilometres per hour.
- Maximum blood alcohol limit is 0.03%
- Children under 5 should be in special child seats, children under 12 should not be in the front seats, seatbelts are obligatory for everyone.
- You cannot use a mobile phone while driving unless it has a hands free kit
The use of any sort of radar detection is forbidden.