Public transport is limited within the Faroe Islands, making driving a rental car a perfect option for exploring the majestic countryside. There are 370 miles of quality, well-maintained roads, motorways and tunnels. Bridges, car ferries and sub-sea tunnels connect the islands.
- The sub-sea tunnels require payment of a toll fee which can be paid at petrol stations.
- Driving is on the right on the island.
- The local speed limit is 30 mph in towns and 50 mph on motorways.
- Headlights must be used at all times and the wearing of seat belts is obligatory.
- It is also important that drivers take note of local parking regulations and be wary of sheep and livestock which graze along main roads.
Driving a car rental in the Faroe Islands really is a stress-free and easy experience.