Visitors must possess a valid foreign licence and International Driving Permit issued by an authorised body in their country of origin.
- The Driver Improvement Points System is used to deter drivers that infringe the rules of the road. Using this system, traffic offenders are meant to retest and pass the driving test.
- Singapore has implemented an Electronic Road Pricing scheme to deter traffic congestion during certain hours.
- Drinking or using a mobile phone is strictly prohibited.
- Driving is on the left side of the road.
- You must be at least 17 years old to qualify for a driving licence in Singapore.
- Seat belts and child seats are mandatory.
When booking with Sixt car hire, ask for a copy of traffic rules or visit the Singapore police website.