Whether you are planning a much needed holiday or are passing through on business, Sixt offer car hire Spain services across the whole of the country and its Islands to ensure that your rental needs are always covered. With over 100 car rental Spain locations, we are proud to provide our services throughout this beautiful and cultural country, and you can be assured that one of our car hire Spain branches will never be too far away from you. No matter what kind of rental vehicle you are looking for, our extensive fleet will provide a fantastic solution - we offer small economy cars, convertibles, family saloons, luxury cars and everything in between.Detailed information in English about road laws can be found on the Traffic Department of Spain website. As part of the EU, it is naturally safe to drive on the roads in Spain, but there are some simple rules that must be adhered to:- You will need a valid driving license that is recognised within the European Economic Community (EEC).
- Carry a standard EEC compliant road accident form written in English.
- Children must always be secured properly within your car, depending on the age of the child this may include the use of a correct child seat.
- Whenever you drive be sure to carry your driving license, insurance documents, car rental contract and an acceptable form of identification with you.
- Stay on the right hand side of the road.
- Seat belts must be worn by front and rear seat passengers.
- Carry snow chains if you intend to travel to the mountainous parts of Spain.
If you would like to read more detailed information, then please check out our Spain driving tips section!