There are a few important driving regulations in Romania to take into account in order to make your driving experience as safe and convenient as possible.
- Motorists drive on the right in Romania and parking is only allowed on the right-hand side of the road.
- The use of seat belts is compulsory for all passengers, and children under 12 are not allowed to travel in the front seats.
- Under Romanian law, the blood/alcohol limit for driving is zero.
- The speed limit in urban areas is 31 mph, and 84 mph on motorways.
- In emergencies, the EU emergency number to dial is 112.
Sixt will be happy to assist you in order to make your trip with a car rental in Romania a safe and pleasant one.