Choose Sixt for Stress Free Car Hire in Alicante
Explore Alicante in a Sixt Car Hire
The beautiful city and port of Alicante lies on the Costa Blanca and is the capital city of the province by the same name. This Mediterranean port and surrounding region has quickly become one of Europe's most popular tourist destinations, and with stunning summer weather, a rich history, and seemingly endless beaches, it is easy to see why.
- Discover the City: The city centre in itself is a treasure with architecture that reflects the centuries of Moorish influence and a laid back ambience to create a fully relaxing break. Here you can lose yourself in the vibrant narrow streets that boast restaurants, shops and more.
- History and Culture:There are many museums and galleries that provide a detailed and engaging account of the city's heritage and culture from ancient times to modern day, including the Archaeological Museum of Alicante (MARQ), Gravina Museum of Fine Arts and Asegurada Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Breathtaking Sights: Within the city boundaries you will also find the rugged Mount Benacantil and its famous Castle of Santa Bárbara which offers a unique insight into the multicultural history of the region. L'Ereta Park is situated on the foothills of Mount Benacantil and provides breathtaking panoramic views over the whole city and sea. Further afield is also worth exploring for a truly unique experience beyond the average tourist tour, and hiring a car to access the outlying region with your own itinerary can create an unforgettable and magnificent holiday.
- Hidden Gems: Beach hop down the Costa Blanca or take a foodie trip around the traditional villages, from the beach town Calp with its amazing Ifach atoll to the tiny mountain town of El Castell de Guadalest.
- Benidorm Trips: As well as hidden gems, the Costa Blanca also boasts some big tourist players such as the holiday mecca Benidorm, which is just 40 minutes drive from the Province Capital Alicante.
For transfers from Alicante to Benidorm
, vehicle rental could be a good option to consider - the journey duration is less than half than when touring by public transport. It becomes much more cost effective to hire a self-drive rental than use public transport or hotel transfers, especially if a larger group is travelling and can share the cost of the hire. Browse our people carrier and minibus range to select a premium quality vehicle that guarantees your group a safe and comfortable journey.